Re: Europa-List: Aileron Lateral Pushrod Adjustment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron Lateral Pushrod Adjustment
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:43:48

Dave,
There is a specification and I think it is 2 1/2 times the diameter in
buried thread max within the female end. The female end needs a certain
amount of the male within it to take the load adaquately. On the standard
thread, which I forget how many turns it is, I think it is about 12 turns
---From "all the way in, back out" as the max you can have the rod ends
extended. The manual ballparks and often says to do the setup with the rod
ends approximately 1/2 wound on, or 1/2 " or something like that, I forget
now. It is close enought to 8-10 mm max as I recall. Andy knows the specs
if you need them more exact than that, but the simple answer is not to wind
them too far out, as there will not be enough buried male portion to act
appropriately as a transmitter of forces. It probably isn't crucial as the
applied forces are way above what I am sure the rod ends can accept, and
also they can't undo once you've set it up properly.
Reg
Tony Renshaw