Re: Europa-List: Aileron Lateral Pushrod Adjustment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aileron Lateral Pushrod Adjustment
From: Rocketman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:20:18

David Simenauer wrote:

>I have just installed the lateral pushrod and bellcranks onto my starboard
>wing.
The manual says to thread the pushrod into the rod end bearings so they are
threaded equally.  Is the number of threads exposed critical or is  it only
important to have them threaded equally?  I installed the rod so as to have
about
two threads exposed on each end but this is just a guess right now on my part.

>Dave Simenauer
>A101

Dave,

At the moment, your guesstimate is fine.  You'll be readjusting the rod,
when you fit the ailerons to the wing.  Basically the quick connect
bellcrank will need to be at 90 degrees to the centerline of the two
main spar pin holes, when the aileron is in the neutral position.  Rule
of thumb is that you should have 1.5 times the diameter of the bolt,
inserted in the tube.

--
Jeff A055
Builders Log: http://www.N55XS.com