Re: Europa-List: Engine Choices

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine Choices
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:13:34

>The fellow who did his engineering for it, Neal Villon (sp?), was also
there
and I was able to talk with him and Alex at length. Of course weight was an
issue and they have stipped away 17 lbs. from the stock CAM 125; I cannot
provide precise weight figures, but the 125 hp appears to more than
compensate for any increase in gross.<

Power is not the issue. The 100hp Rotax provides plenty especially in
conjunction with a constant speed prop. The problem with heavy engines is
that you have less weight available for baggage. The 1370lb limit is a
structural limit not a performance limit.

Nigel Charles