RE: Europa-List: door fitting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: door fitting
From: Robert Berube <bberube@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:32:27

Bob,
There is a variance in the doors on all the Europas we have worked on.  In
the later XS models, it seems more evident that shims are needed under the
hinges.  We use .125 aluminum spacers cut to the size of the hinge.  In some
cases we have had to use 3/16 spacers.  It is a bit difficult to set up with
spacers moving ,etc.  A bit of 5 minute keeps everything in position until
the holes are drilled.

Regards,
Bob Berube