Europa-List: Laced to the rudder pedals

Subject: Europa-List: Laced to the rudder pedals
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:49:16

Here is a new one to be aware of?!

On a recent long flight I was having a great time zipping along enjoying the
view.  As usual when I'm flying for a long stretch I put my feet up between
the rudder pedals to strech out my legs.

Everthing was fine as usual until I pulled my feet out and found out my shoe
lace had looped over the right rudder pedal.  Pulling on the foot just
pulled on the pedal and trying to reach way up in the foot well to untie
myself was, umh.. interesting (takes a good bit of contortion!!).

Anyway I finally freed the foot, retied the shoe and finished my trip - good
thing I didn't find out about it on short final.

I think I'm going to buy some new flying shoes - velcro anyone.

Still grinning everytime I fly!

Bob Jacobsen