Europa-List: re: firewall cutout before module bondong

Subject: Europa-List: re: firewall cutout before module bondong
From: Paul Atkinson <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:36:39

Tony
I am not familiar with the main gear attach points so this may not be
appropriate but....
You could consider cutting away the cockpit module where it interferes
with the extra layups, just enough  so that the CM fits snugly once again.
After you have bonded it in but before the redux has gone off replace what
you have cut away with a couple of layers of bid.
I think that if you bond it in as is, you will not only use more redux
(and eat fewer steaks) but you risk distorting the CM which may cause
problems later on, as you suggest.

Paul

From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>,
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall Cutout before module bonding

<tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
   My cockpit
module doesn't seem to sit as flat as it might because there is a several
ply buildup on the flange that attaches the vertical front face of the
thigh support to the floor. The reason for this is that my maingear attach
points required some thickening there. If I now weight down the module, I
seem to have a see saw effect, and whilst my flight controls sit all on one
side of the fulcrum, I don't want to force the issue. I think I will resign
myself to a little extra redux, and a diet post build.