Re: Europa-List: Glass work

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Glass work
From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:11:05

Mat

Most builders have probably got bin bags full of blue foam - the remains
of the blocks of foam from which all the flying surface cores came. If
there is someone close you might be able to 'borrow' some.  If not ACS
sell it, don't know if  Europa  could supply a small amount - you're not
going to need big bits.

We made the ducts and the housings for the eyeball vents separately and
then joined them with tapes of glass cloth and resin but your summary of
blue foam shape, cover with glass/resin (2 layers is plenty) allow to
set then get rid of the foam is essentially correct. If you decide to go
this way and you wan't more details of what we did, drop me a line of list.

Regards

Paul