Re: Europa-List: Glass work

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Glass work
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:56:25

Hi Matt,

Redux is an adhesive used to bond metal parts to the structure, etc.
What you really need is an epoxy, such as Aeropoxy brand of epoxy,
available from Aircraft Spruce, etc.  For the non-structural use of
making an air duct, you could use almost any epoxy available, although I
would stick with something that sets up slower than 5 or 20 minute epoxies.
On our Europa, we used a block of foam as a template to fabricate from
fiber glass/epoxy a duct that connects the NACA vents to eyeball
fittings (see 'http://www.europa-usa.com/n135TD.htm' cabin air inlet).

regards,
Terry Seaver
N135TD