Europa-List: ASI Calibration

Subject: Europa-List: ASI Calibration
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 22:45:00

Hi all,

I did a bunch of runs today at various IAS to collect data so I could determine
my ASI error.  For some reason I thought I was supposed to fly 3 headings for
each speed (120 degrees apart) noting the GPS speed for each.  When I downloaded
Dave Bosomworth spreadsheet from John Cliff's web site I discovered I was
supposed to collect the data for 4 headings, not 3.

Does anyone have a spreadsheet that does the vector calculations and density
altitude
for 3 headings rather than 4.  Otherwise I am going to have to get back
in my Europa and fly a couple more hours, now that would be just such a chore
wouldn't it.......

Thanks,  Paul