Re: Europa-List: ASI Calibration

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ASI Calibration
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 15:57:31

>I did a bunch of runs today at various IAS to collect data so I
>could determine my ASI error.  For some reason I thought I was
>supposed to fly 3 headings for each speed (120 degrees apart) noting
>the GPS speed for each.  When I downloaded Dave Bosomworth
>spreadsheet from John Cliff's web site I discovered I was supposed
>to collect the data for 4 headings, not 3.

Paul - not sure about the version on John Cliff's site, but if you
take a look in the "calculations" folder of the Europa Club CD (sent
to you when you joined last year), you'll find several flavours of
this calculation, all of which require only 3 tracks. If you haven't
flown exact cardinal tracks (ie N S E W) then the one to use is Doug
Gray's which simply requires 3 widely-separated tracks.

regards

Rowland