RE: Europa-List: Tail Ribs

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tail Ribs
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:26:39

Al:

I had the same issues, maybe not to your extent.  What I did was to take
and cut away some of the front flange tip of the offending rib and then
formed the remaining horizontal section to fit in closely to the profiile
of the vert stab leading edge.  Then  used a layup of fiberglass in that
area as there wasn't a flange area there for redux to bond to. From what I
can remember I  removed some of the nose section and about 3/4 - 1" along
each side.

Steve
A143
Mesa, AZ

<astills785@earthlink.net>

> After getting my top on this weekend, I'm looking ahead to rudder and
tail. I find that my ribs are too long for the sternpost installation. I
can move the top rib to fit but the bottom rib is up against the rear
bulkhead as it show in the manual and is 25mm to long. Has anyone had this
occurrence and what was the fix? Cutting the bottom rib to fit the rear
bulkhead? Moving the front of the rib up or down does not solve this
problem. It is shaped for the front of the tail and not for the rear
bulkhead.