Re: Europa-List: Sternpost fitting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Sternpost fitting
From: Mike <mp.gamble@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:23:05

Thanks Brian,
I have seen the article in Tech Talk 25  but I find that I would have to
remove over 1 inch of sternpost to reach the foam reinforced part of the fin
on the port side. Some will need removing to allow port rudder movement but
I thought this may be a little excessive and putting material back would be
an extra problem. I would love to just forge ahead following the manual but
I have already been caught out too many times and I now spend far too much
time thinking 'what if' before I act so I can hopefully avoid having to redo
or correct things later. I am waiting to hear from Nev and Andy re the above
and will let the forum know the result.
Mike Gamble
xs440