Europa-List: Rotax 914 exhaust bracket

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 914 exhaust bracket
From: ownereuropalistserver@matronics.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:11:16

Hello all,
For the second time I found one of the turbo brackets broken. The bracket I am
talking about is a stainless steel welded tubular part which is bolted to the
crankcase on one side and on the exhaust manifold on the other.
This part is very difficult to remove and replace and is very expensive : 192
Euros
($240) last September.
The fist breakage was after 207 hours ( In fact it was certainly broken before).
Second time was 38 hours later.
Has anybody experienced this problem ?
R=E9mi
F-PGKL, XS 914 monowheel, purchased with 65 hours and many things to fix. Now
245
hours.