Europa-List: Sternpost fitting

Subject: Europa-List: Sternpost fitting
From: Mike <mp.gamble@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:31:08

Having initially set up my sternpost to align with the fuselage bottom, I find
that the fin needs about 1.5 ins of its trailing edge removed and that the
sternpost
would butt against 1.5ins of foam reinforced port fin surface whilst the
stb side is clear of the foam.. On trial fitting the ribs I found that they
could be forced in to the fin only about 5, 15 and 23ins from the joint line,
i.e. 2ins less that indicated in the manual. My problem is this - is the
position
of the sternpost fore and aft critical? If I accept this position, will I
find that the rudder is misplaced or the line of the fin/rudder uneven?
I am still doing all I can before topping out.
Those that have passed this stage, please let me know how you faired.
Thanks
Mike
XS440