Re: Europa-List: Hot Running 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hot Running 914
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:50:10

Paul, I had high temps on my 914, and in particular problems if prolonged
taxying was necessary. I plugged the gaps between the two radiators and the
air ducting and things improved, (probably helped by the passage of time and
the engine wearing off the rough bits). For the gap below the radiator I
stuck a sloping fillet of blue foam across the lower cowling and laid two
plies of bid over it, and for the other I filled the top gap with stainless
steel sheet, thus encouraging all the cooling air to go through both
radiators. Temps now seem happy in the worst of English summers, although I
don't blast around the sky at 115% all the time! Regards, David Joyce,
G-XSDJ