Europa-List: AFSAFE seat belts

Subject: Europa-List: AFSAFE seat belts
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:16:43

>Eric,
>         Just a bit of warning.  Mounting the inertial reel to the back of
>the seat is not the best place.  The area is TO LOW.  In a crash that
>point will cause you to have compression fractures of the back.

Exactly,
I had 3 wedge fractures in my lower back, also a torn diaphragm. Any more G
and the straps would have killed me! Fortunately the paramedic chopper was
already airborne and 10 minutes away so I got to the table within the hour.
Most bits they glued back on work again, {;-)
Also fortunately Ivan designed just enough strength in the airplane to keep
the G within that narrow band that made an unsurviveable accident surviveable.
Graham,