Re: Europa-List: transponders

Subject: Re: Europa-List: transponders
From: Ian Mansfeld <ianmansfeld@lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:59:38

I believe that there is now some doubt in the UK CAA about the dates for
Mode S being acheivable, especially as no viable 'hand-held' transponder has
yet been made for the glider/baloon/microlight markets. My advice with
avionics is not to jump too soon... try to wait and either a) the
requirement will be postponed, or b) the big guys will start making
equipment and so the price will fall. If you try and equip now, your kit
will probably be outdated by the time the rules come into force.

Ian.