Re: Europa-List: ELT Questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ELT Questions
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:54:07

Mike

I have been cleaning out my "inbox" and found this from you. I can not see
that I answered it. That is not my normal thing and I apologize.

I did not install a ground plane. I don't thing many people do. maybe that
is why the ELT gets such a bad reputation for not being of much value.  I
put it in 1/8" plywood stand-off on the aft side of the "D" bulkhead just
below the opening. The unit is under the baggage bay on the Port side. It is
on top of the transponder antenna ground plane. (it acts as a shelf)

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555
glassing in the ribs for the main gear sockets  TRI GEAR