RE: Europa-List: gel coat

Subject: RE: Europa-List: gel coat
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:05:30

Out here on the East side of the Sierra we fly high in gliders. Wave soaring
in gliders is very popular in the Minden NV area, and with an agreement with
the FAA entering class A airspace is common in winter wave soaring. Flights
above 30,000' are not uncommon. It is common for those gliders to get
cracking/crazing in the gellcoat finish.

Dont know nothin bout boats, not much water here.

It is common to refinish gellcoated gliders with paint.

Kevin