RE: Europa-List: Gas tank and sight glass vents

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Gas tank and sight glass vents
From: beecho@beecho.org
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:20:28

Hi John
My vents go into the top of the fuel filler.  Then another vent from
there goes straight down, through the baggage shelf and exits out the
slot for the flap drive.  It faces forward to get some ram air pressure
and has some mesh in it so insects can't block it.

I found some photos of my cowl flap but no engine photos yet.  I'll send
them.

How do you attach the mylar for gap seals?  Have you read Kent Paser's
book about drag reduction?  He discusses cooling air drag a bunch.

Tom Friedland