Europa-List: Gas tank and sight glass vents

Subject: Europa-List: Gas tank and sight glass vents
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:44:56

Greetings all,

Doing some planning of the vent lines for the gas tank and sight glass and I
was wondering if anyone has put the vents on the bottom of the airplane? I
seem to remember somebody at Flight Crafters doing this, but I can't remember
exactly how it was done. It seems reasonable to have the fuel vents on the
bottom

so that in the event they dribble some fuel it won't go all over the
airplane. I would assume that you would have to route the vent lines up and over
the
fuel filler, then back down to the belly where they would exit.

Comments? Maybe Bob Berrube can chime in on this one? (with an update on the
flight testing of his conventional gear Europa?)

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
A-245