Re: Europa-List: Expanding brake fluid?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Expanding brake fluid?
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:01:39

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Housman" <RobH@hyperion-ef.com>

> As you probably can guess, my choice was silicone brake fluid, for its
clear
> advantages.  Most of your points are strictly academic, and apply more to
> automotive rather than aviation systems:

Rob you are certainly entitled to your opinion, that's why this forum is
such a great way to exchange ideas,
But Automotive or aviation they are still braking systems,
The latest finger brakes have a separate reservoir that is vented to
atmosphere,  This is the system i am using,
 There are no major motor manufacturer or brake supplier  (lockheed,
girling.bendix.ATE) that will indorse silicone,
admittingly that's this side of the pond,  It may be different your side,

The irony is unless i can reseal either the callipers or master cylinder, I
will end up using silicone,

But LIFE is a COMPROMISE!!!

best regards

Ivor phillips