Europa-List: Aileron pushrod ends, poor fit

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron pushrod ends, poor fit
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:17:42

Finished with my aileron pushrod tubes over the weekend. The fit was pretty
sloppy
between the ends and the tube, over .025 slop.

Neville suggested I smear in some Redux and partial pull the rivets, wait for
cure
and then fully cure. I suppose that would work.

I understand that holding a precision size on tubes that are extruded is a hard
do thing.

I ended up biting the bullet and did what i thought a slick maneuver, made up
some
sleeves. Worked great.

I sanded the OD of the end.
Bored a piece of aluminium to the OD of the end and bonded it with red
locktight.
Then I held the end with a 6 jaw chuck and turned OD to the ID of pushrod tube
and
bonded with red locktight.

Perfect fit now.

Ron Parigoris