Fw: Re:Europa-List: Aileron pushrod ends, poor fit

Subject: Fw: Re:Europa-List: Aileron pushrod ends, poor fit
From: p-a.austin <pa.austin@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:45:32

> Sorry about the clumsy description, I can't remember the technical words.
> Graham

  "Electrolysis"

Because of it I had to replace my Pitch Push Rod:-

During assembly of the Rod End Fittings (Steel) to the Push Rod (Aluminum)
I made the mistake of liberally coating the inside of the Push Rod tube with
a water based metal primer paint, I did not allow it to dry before
assembling and riveting the end fittings in place, thinking this would
really seal it up, it did!!
Within 18 months corrosion was evident on the outside of the tube. Upon
removal and cutting open with a hacksaw found severe internal corrosion from
electrolytical action due to the fact that the paint had never dried.

Regards

Peter
Classic #198
Filling-Sanding-Filling - Sanding - adnauseam