Re: Europa-List: flap closeout

Subject: Re: Europa-List: flap closeout
From: Alan Stills <astills785@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:43:45

womkoa
----- Original Message -----
From: <europa-list@matronics.com>

<astills785@earthlink.net>

> I'm ready to fit the closeout from the flaps to the fuselage. The manual
says to lay up 2 plys of bid on the outside of the foam,then the dig out the
foam and lay up 2 plys of bid on the inside. My question is...will 4 plys of
bid be enough strength to hold? Do I dig out all of the foam or close it out
like the end of the flaps earlier and drill a hole for the pin? The longest
piece at the trailing edge is 5.5 inches down to approx 2.5 at the leading
edge (flaps to fuselage).