Europa-List: flap closeout

Subject: Europa-List: flap closeout
From: Alan Stills <astills785@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 09:52:45

I'm ready to fit the closeout from the flaps to the fuselage. The manual says to
lay up 2 plys of bid on the outside of the foam,then the dig out the foam and
lay up 2 plys of bid on the inside. My question is...will 4 plys of bid be
enough
strength to hold? Do I dig out all of the foam or close it out like the
end of the flaps earlier and drill a hole for the pin? The longest piece at the
trailing edge is 5.5 inches down to approx 2.5 at the leading edge (flaps to
fuselage).
Al Stills
A095