Europa-List: Anyone interested in super light weight covers?

Subject: Europa-List: Anyone interested in super light weight covers?
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:24:24

I am a Balloonist.

Build all my own stuff.

Probably going to sew up some stuff for Europa monowheel.

For certain a super lightweight canopy cover made out of 1oz Parachute cloth for
flying with. This stuff is unbelievable light and stuffs real small. It is rip
stop nylon and silicon impregnated. It does not mildew, it also does not breath.
Mud and dirt does not stick to it! Don't walk on it, it is slipper than a banana
peel.

I am tired of covering plane with heavy tarp that lives in hanger, may make up
a lightweight one.

Anyone interested in any sort of covers?

Lightweight wing covers so if rains and on trailer will not fill wings? Could
probably
stuff into a softball size. Use a normal vacuum to squeeze down and it
will
get a lot smaller that you could ever stuff. will not hurt fabric at all.
Figured
would be ideal for flying around with and you got stuck.

CS Prop cover to keep rain out if stuck somewhere?

Lightweight drape over plane tent to sleep in?

I could make an entire hanger for plane that is inflatable that could easily be
put in laundry basket if made out of parachute material. Idea would be unzip
hanger
and roll plane on top of it, then zip together. Only a  few stakes would be
needed.
Inflation could be a leaf blower, just get one that sucks fresh air, not
exhaust. A shop vac works well on pressure. A quiet muffin fan works. If I used
a leaf blower, in 5 or 10 minutes it will be busting at seams. Then you only
need a
very small fan. can add windows, and door easily. I have a bunch of YKK Zippers.
they are awful airtight. Velcro is terrible, it leaks like a sieve.

You want wind resistant, make it out of heavier cloth and have some arch beams
made out of used fire hose pumped up to a hundred pounds of pressure. Could
probably
withstand a lot more wind than you would care to leave your europa in. The
lightweight
one, could probably be good to 20 MPH with minimal staking. If you use
standard box fan, or something similar, would have a vent in top, you keep on
pumping
in fresh cool air to keep temp down. If cool out, close vent and don't
introduce fresh air.

You can set up on cement or tarmac, if you don't want holes, stake down with
water.
Pails or collapsible.

I have a singer double needle bar feed, and puller foot. All seams will be
French
Fell. Have also a Pfaff Zig Zag.

If anybody is interested, I will cost out all.

Ron Parigoris