RE: Europa-List: Flying with European Europa in USA

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flying with European Europa in USA
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:53:39

If you are a member of EAA you can request their assistance, but you can
probably find everything you need to know about flying your Europa in the US
on the FAA web site.  Try here to start:
http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfrhtml_00/Title_14/14cfr375_00.html

One thing you must certainly do is get a weather briefing (call
1-800-WXBRIEF) before each departure and specifically request information on
Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) along your route.  These TFRs have a
habit of literally popping up on short notice, so failure to do this could
get you a formation flight with some military guys.  Other than that you
should have a wonderful experience flying in US airspace.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070
Airframe complete