Europa-List: Centenary Fly In/Out - Turweston, 17/12/03

Subject: Europa-List: Centenary Fly In/Out - Turweston, 17/12/03
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:58:16

  Gloucester and Shobden Struts are joining in a fly in to Turweston on 17/12
and
welcome the Europa Hat Droppers to join them. We currently stand at 21 aircraft
intending to go (weather willing, naturally) but anticipate numbers increasing
to perhaps 40 planes. It gives us all an opportunity to inspect the new
PFA Headquarters, and the two Struts are marking the occasion by taking house
warming presents to the PFA in liquid form.
        The airfield has a single 09/27 runway of 915m and we have Oxford
earmarked
as an alternative should the day bring strong N/S winds. We are also prepared
to delay the fly in to 18/12 or 19/12 should the weather demand it. Although
normally PPR by telephone, for this event that will not be needed if you have
notified me of your intention to come. Please consult your Pooleys (or
whichever)
for flying instructions but note especially the noise abatement procedures
with approach and departure to the N of the E/W line and the ban on overhead
joins. If the organisers at Turweston advise it and numbers merit it,we may
nearer the time suggest (via email) an assembly point flowing in to a down wind
join, in rally fashion.  Hinton in the Hedges tell me that they will be
parachuting
that day,if flyable so keep well clear if you want to arrive with both
wings on!
         The normal landing fee is =A38 but the owner has said that they will
reduce
this for the event (but has not yet come up with an exact figure)
         There is one small restaurant which would seat about 30 but given
notice
they will open up the much larger catering facilities in the new PFA building.
For this reason it is critical that we know the numbers intending to come.
 Please let me know soonest if you will come if weather allows, ideally with
plane type and reg, + no pax.  We can then give them numbers and reduce it
nearer
the time if the weather is dodgy. All those who email back to me will be
kept updated with any modification of plans.
          The timetable that the struts are working to is:
                Arrive Turweston                      11.30 to 12.00
                Eat, talk and presents to PFA  12.00 to 13.30
                Departures                              13.30 to 14.30
                Sunset approx                         15.45
       Happy landings, David Joyce