Re: Europa-List: Faulty Oil Temp sensor

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Faulty Oil Temp sensor
From: Carl & Dot <carlp@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:43:53

Thanks for the info Roger. It definitely sounds like it is the sender (will
find out for sure tomorrow).

However, like Richard and Fred I am a little confused as your description
suggests the new arrangement means the sender is mounted in a pipe which is
a dead end which would have little or no oil circulating past it. Or is the
pipe somehow forming part of the oil circulation system.

I think my preferred choice would be to mount the sender in the return line
---From the bottom of the crank casing (would need a metal block to screw into)
where I assume it would be at its hottest. An easier fix might be to bolt it
into the oil tank somewhere. This would be simpler, and there would be less
vibration. Possibly a hole tapped into the centre of the oil tank drain plug
would work.

Still, if you have an approved mod then I am sure these issues have been
carefully considered and there is no point in reinventing the wheel etc etc
!!!

Regards,

Carl