Re: Europa-List: RV vs. Europa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RV vs. Europa
From: Phil Tait <phil@archwise.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:46:23

Guil

I am a Europa builder of just over a year and about ready for sanding and
painting. The composite work is relatively easy once you have had some
direction from the factory.
I did originally look at the RV's but I decided based upon what I wanted to
achieve at the end of the build, which was to have a 2 seat relatively fast
very economical state of the art cheap to keep in the air plane that I could
complex hour build on and at the same time have a lot of fun.
I think that some people sometimes forget what PFA or experimental flying is
all about.
My advice to you would be to ask yourself what type of flying do you want to
do in your plane? If you want to be able to potter around at 90-100kts or
fast cruse at 130kts then the europa is a good choose.
If you want to blast around at 160kts then forget about the RV and buy a
Lancair.
Composite construction gives clean modern lines is easy to repair and no
more difficult to use that riveting.
Hope this helps you with your choice.

Regards

Phil Tait