Re: Europa-List: UK weekday Fly In /Voucher utilisation.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: UK weekday Fly In /Voucher utilisation.
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:30:08

Hi! Peter.
Thanks for the message obviously I'm unable to make a decision yet
....especially my needing to be at either Stanstead for 0900 in a car or
North Weald in the plane at 0930 before leaving for Sherburn ! However my
gut feeling is that I'll probably fly. The only way to ultimately be sure is
for me to be able to have a 'phone contact number for me to make some
preliminary soundings of "declared punters" round the country to assess and
make a decision in the morning, as I have been suggesting,  even if I do it
whilst on the ground at North Weald! Then a quick call back as to whether
the Fly In is on or not. (I've only had you register an interest yet and I
need your contact number?) Although one or two did say that Friday may be
best for the Santoft flights no one further has come forward yet...... Even
our WDFI Chairman, Bryan Allsop is playing golf today so I've no word from
him yet!
On the WX question I'm amazed at the varied forecasts, I think they all dump
them in a bucket and draw lots as to which they pick out there is such
varitaion!
 However I'm wondering if when I see a front designator I don't apply enough
consideration to whether it is a "weak front " or a "strong front" signified
by the number of indicators on the line? Because IMHO on a number of
occassions I've decided not to fly the "front" in question has been a "non
event" which would have been flyable! Similarly on our long trips abroard we
often have decided to "go have a look" and been able to continue to the
destination.
Anyway , hopefully you have "got my drift"?
BFN
Bob Harrison G-PTAG