Re: Europa-List: UK weekday Fly In /Voucher utilisation.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: UK weekday Fly In /Voucher utilisation.
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:57:16

You're right the return trip was worse. 170nm and we managed to get up to
1,900 ft on a few short bits but most was at around 1400 - 1500 ft with the
last 20 miles down to 1000 ft. I always had an escape route to an airfield
reachable for the whole route though, so although it was taxing it was never
dodgy.

Can't make Friday though - baby sitting!!!!!!!!!

Dave Watts G-BXDY Flying 960 hrs.

>Bob Harrison wrote
> Just a line to report that only one intrepid flier(Dave Watts) and his
wife navigator made it to Sandtoft today.I went, of course, and since he
turned up I'm pleased I did ! Sorry about the decision to proceed but Kent
to Lincolnshire was obviously flyable it was just a shame about the other
directions. However it didn't look too pleasant facing Dave for the return
trip, hope they made it OK?
> So here's a suggestion .....I'll take it again! only THIS Friday looks
good at present and knowing there is so many unfulfilled flyers I'm
suggesting Friday at Sherburn-in-Elmet(EGCJ) because I've unused vouchers
for there too ! Hopefully there will be a resonable quorum to authorise the
hand over of the "organisers mantle"?