Europa-List: XS Fuel System Mods.

Subject: Europa-List: XS Fuel System Mods.
From: Mike <mp.gamble@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:22:40

Andy,
    I seem to recollect you saying some time ago that you were planning to
introduce
a mod to reposition the fuel sight guage and the fuel vents. My proposal
follows.
    I would like to T the line from the port fuel outlet to the port fuel drain
where it emerges from the tunnel and feed it across the well of the baggage
compartment
and up the stb wall, venting into the fuel filler neck. There would
be a further vent line from the filler neck to the lower fuselage. The tube is
protected throughout its run by enclosing it in square section conduit which
is bent to follow the fuselage profile and is left uncovered where it runs up
---From the floor to the fuselage joint line (this is the guage proper). It will
be easy to fit and access for inspection.
    Fuel contents could be checked before and during flight providing a backup
to the Europa fuel guage mod. already fitted.
    What do you think? Can you see any reason why this change would not be
acceptable?
In particular, can the tank also be vented into the filler neck?
    I would be grateful to have your comments prior to submitting this mod to
the
PFA.
    I am copying to the forum as I'm sure there will be others who will be
interested.
Regards
Mike
XS #440