Europa-List: Engine instrumentation confusion.

Subject: Europa-List: Engine instrumentation confusion.
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:18:24

Just trying to do some panel planning with regard to engine instruments. The
rotax manual, as well as Lockwood recommends the inexpensive VDO guages. All
the brands to chose from like Mitchell, UMA, Westach, and then there is the
miniature versions. The more I look the more I get confused. Is one gauge
for CHT & EGT enough on the 912S? Is carb tep needed? The only all in one
digital/analog I like is the AIM from IK Technologies. I dont like the
hidden pages on the EIS but people seem to like it. Money is an object. I
like seeing the guages or something at a glance.
All thoughts for whats safe, simple, easy to read, and is less money
welcome.

Thanks,
Jeff
Air frame almost ready for primer.