Re: Re: Europa-List: Light weight fill

Subject: Re: Re: Europa-List: Light weight fill
From: tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:33:59

Fred,
Don't know much about paints yet, and in fact I am a fair way off. Having said
that
though I am going with Bob Berubes taildragger and the suggestion is to fill the

underside when fairing in the undercarriage leg. So, I need to sort out what
filler
am going to use. I know that I have heard nothing but good things about
Superfill.

I want to use a car paint over the top, and in fact I would like it to be other
than
white, yellow in fact, and it is a deep rich vivid yellow!! I am aware of the
heat

issues and am going to research a material sleeve arrangement for the wings
and cover for the fuse, of a material suitable as a good radiator of heat. Tell
me if
you think this impossible, but I am only really interested in impossibility
only,

because I am quite attracted to having a "different Europa" and am prepared to

suffer the weight penalty of having to take the covers with me wherever I go. If
you
can give me any advice or if you know of  suitable fabric please let me know.
Reg
Tony Renshaw

=====
=====