Re: Europa-List: Nav lights

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Nav lights
From: Michael Grass <M.Grass@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:05:46

Hi to all,

I am a little puzzled with the way the discussion here goes in regards of
the NAV lights. I know that the most responses are coming from the people
who have to adhere to the FAA regulations, and in particular the FAR Sec.
91.205 section c).
It say's you need  1: minimum required instruments 2: "approved" position
lights and 3: "approved" aviation red or aviation white anti-collision
lights.

I original liked the Aeroflash system but there are not "PMA"ed, so I come
more and more to the conclusion that I have to use the "approved" Whelen
wingtip position/strobe/pos lights.

The question I guess, I should ask. What does "approved" mean?

I think it even becomes more important if you want to get your plane
IFRapproved.

How do you folks see that?

Thanks

Michael Grass