Re: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Pressure Tranducer

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Pressure Tranducer
From: Europa Aircraft <europa@gate.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:29:29

Hi All,

Rotax tech support tells me that fuel pressure (PSI) alone dosen't mean much for
the 914.  It needs to be compared to boost PSI.  Must be 2.2-5.8 over boost.
When measuring boost in the intake manifold this only applies when there is
positive pressure in the manifold.

One easy way to see the differential is to use a twin manifold pressure gauge,
connecting one side to fuel (through a orafice) and the other to the connection
on the crossover tube.  Just be sure that when at high throttle settings that
the needles are at leaset 2 inhg apart.  This is a 3 1/4 instrument.

Another method is to install a differential pressure gauge.  I have requested
one
of these from a manufacturer, they tell me that I will have one to test in
about 30 days.  If all goes well, I will have a 1 1/4, and a 2 1/4 in a few
months.
I'll put in in the US web catalog when I have it, so please check there
for price, and availability.

Hope this helps!

John Hurst
Europa Aircraft