Europa-List: 914 Fuel Pressure Tranducer

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Pressure Tranducer
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 14:43:18

Lately now every day is a new adventure.  I have started doing electrical
busses and engine instruments.  The Rocky Mountain micromonitor that I am
using comes with a nice
VDO fuel pressure transducer that looks like the oil pressure tranducer
that comes with the engine. The port is a 1/8 NPT.  While fretting over
having to a "T" into my nicely configured aircraft fitting configured fuel
line with some barbed fittings I noted that my mini-Andair gascolator under
the baggage bay has a: Low and behold! extra 1/8 NPT fitting on the top of
it! Just the thing to plug the pressure transducer into, I believe that is.
Is this port on the gascolator subject to the full fuel pressure?  It is
downstream of both pumps.  I would note that the pressure here under the
baggage bay next to the pumps is going to be quantitatively higher (head
losses)than at the fuel pressure regulator. However for monitoring purposes
this would offer preflight checks as to the integrety of each pump and well
as if a pump is starting to get flakey by delivering erratic pressure.
What positions have others put the fuel pressure sender in?

Is any one going to the Copperstate Fly in Next Week.  If so look me up I'm
in the neighborhood.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ