RE: Europa-List: Fitting wings to fuse

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fitting wings to fuse
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 06:42:53

Al:

This is not a problem. Both the front and rear receptacles are built up to
match where the pins fall in place. The front ones have a hole cut in the
fuselage for clearance if they need to go in that far. The rear receptacles
are built up with plywood bases to the height  required.

Steve

A143
Mesa, AZ

<astills785@earthlink.net>

> I fitted the wing to the fuselage for the first time today. It really
> gets exciting when you are seeing progress. I have a question for you
> "old salts" that have been there before. After I pinned the wings onto
> the fuse, I have  a 1/2" gap on one wing and 3/4" on the other. The
> front pins "just' touch the fuse and the rear pins are at least 3/8"
> away from the fuse. Since the inside pip pins are right on....I can't
> quite figure out what is wrong. Has anyone else had this problem, and if
> so what's the fix? OR any guidance will be appreciated.
> BYW......I will be at Copperstate fly in next weekend also.
>
> Al Stills
> A095
>

> <META content"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" nameGENERATOR>
> <STYLE></STYLE>
>

> I fitted the wing to the fuselage for
> the first
> time today. It really gets exciting when you are seeing progress. I have
> question for you "old salts" that have been there before. After I pinned
> the
> wings onto the fuse, I have a 1/2" gap on one wing and 3/4" on the
> other.
> The front pins "just' touch the fuse and the rear pins are at least 3/8"
> away
> from the fuse. Since the inside pip pins are right on....I can't quite
> figure
> out what is wrong. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what's
> the fix?
> OR any guidance will be appreciated.
> BYW......I will be at Copperstate fly
> in next