Europa-List: Fitting wings to fuse

Subject: Europa-List: Fitting wings to fuse
From: Alan Stills <astills785@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 17:51:54

I fitted the wing to the fuselage for the first time today. It really
gets exciting when you are seeing progress. I have a question for you
"old salts" that have been there before. After I pinned the wings onto
the fuse, I have  a 1/2" gap on one wing and 3/4" on the other. The
front pins "just' touch the fuse and the rear pins are at least 3/8"
away from the fuse. Since the inside pip pins are right on....I can't
quite figure out what is wrong. Has anyone else had this problem, and if
so what's the fix? OR any guidance will be appreciated.
BYW......I will be at Copperstate fly in next weekend also.

Al Stills
A095

<META content"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" nameGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>

I fitted the wing to the fuselage for
the first
time today. It really gets exciting when you are seeing progress. I have
question for you "old salts" that have been there before. After I pinned
the
wings onto the fuse, I have a 1/2" gap on one wing and 3/4" on the
other.
The front pins "just' touch the fuse and the rear pins are at least 3/8"
away
---From the fuse. Since the inside pip pins are right on....I can't quite
figure
out what is wrong. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what's
the fix?
OR any guidance will be appreciated.
BYW......I will be at Copperstate fly
in next