Europa-List: Fitting Rudder Pushrod Fitting CS29

Subject: Europa-List: Fitting Rudder Pushrod Fitting CS29
From: Jim Butcher <europa@triton.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:46:11

We are fitting Graham Singleton's XS rudder modification and having difficulity
establishing the position of the CS29 push rod fitting in the rudder.  When
deflecting
the rudder to port, we find the push rod hits the port side of the rudder
leading edge before the new steering arm gets to the stop.  We are able
to get more than 32 deg of movement to stbd.

We have trimmed the port side of the rudder to give the push rod clearance to
the
point that if we trim further the opening will be visible when the rudder is
at neutral.

If we move CS29 further forward, the stbd edge of CS29 will be above the surface
of the rudder skin.

Does anyone have any suggestions from having completed this step for Graham's
mod
or the Classic rudder?

Thanks

Jim & Heather A185