RE: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question
From: David Glauser <david.glauser@xpsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:58:50

Bruce Ludeman wrote:

... When I'm ready to clean up,a splash of vinegar and a wipe with a
scotch-brite pad leaves the cutting surface clean and ready for the
next cutting and layup session.  Also be sure to clean the resin
---From the rotary cutting blade by carefully wiping it with a
vinegar soaked paper towel.  Be sure to also wipe the blade
dry so it doesn't corrode from the vinegar.

That last sentence is important. I had one of the Aircraft Spruce rotary cutters
and left it soaking in vinegar overnight. The next morning, the blade was
completely
gone, turned into black sludge on the bottom of the container.

Vinegar makes a good cleaner. It works by attacking the epoxy bonds, destroying
them, and not by trying to simply float the resin away, as a solvent. IMHO it
doesn't smell all that bad, and best of all a gallon of white vinegar is a
rousing
$1.50 at your local grocers.

dg