No Subject

Subject: No Subject
From: ownereuropalistserver@matronics.com
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 06:30:05
De:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com

Para:europa-list@matronics.com

> Worth mentioning for the UK builders that Marineware sell a hand cleaner
> that includes an abrasive that is specifically designed for getting resin
> off skin.

Although abrasive cleaners are better than solvents to clean the skin, they were
banned from industrial use many years ago in Denmark.
Reason being that they are abrasive and that means you create lots of small
scratches
in the skin, leaving the epoxy to contact the raw tissue before being washed
off and leaving the skin damaged and more susceptible to allergy next time
around.
A salesman from a company that supplied the airline I worked for, told me then,
that his company had experimented with many different substances to find the
best general purpose handcleaner.
They found that the best solution was very simple; vegetable cooking oil or the
like will dissolve most types of dirt, to be washed off with your choice of
soap!

As this solution did not appeal to the company, he was told not to tell anybody
as they wouldn't be able to sell their products....

I have not tried this on epoxy, but i use soap and water before it hardens,
works
just fine, especially if I use a good barrier cream before starting work.

Alex,#529