No Subject

Subject: No Subject
From: ownereuropalistserver@matronics.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 02:18:32
=0D=0A> But back to glide ratios. I have tested this twice in the last
month,=0D=0A>
once=0D=0A> solo and the second time two up and full fuel. Interestingly
the results=0D=0A> were identical (which apparently backs up the
theory).=0D=0A=0D=0AApparently
being the operative word, the fact is a fully loaded aircraft
will glide further than an empty one!=0D=0AThe short version of the explanation
is that once you have lugged all that mass all the way up there, you have
much more potential energy stored and that is then converted into kinetic energy
when you start gliding...=0D=0AAnd if one wants to measure glide or speed
using GPS or land fixes, I believe the normal procedure is to do it both ways
or in a triangle and take the average for a result and then there is still the
possibility of the winds having changed during the trial.=0D=0A=0D=0A....and
while I'm on the forum I'd like to apologize to the Melbourne Europa chapter for
not being able to visit after all, a busy schedule coupled with a premature
departure to Abu Dhabi meant I had no way of getting to meet with them.=0D=0AI
had looked forward to get to meet up with other builders to see their birds
as I don't get that chance when home in Brazil.=0D=0A=0D=0AAlex, kit 529- still
waiting for missing parts, over a year on and still nothing from the factory
in spite of many calls and promises!!