Re: Europa-List: looking for builder in northwest USA

Subject: Re: Europa-List: looking for builder in northwest USA
From: Jeff Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:40:39

on 9/2/03 8:57 PM, Ken at ken@soundsuckers.com wrote:

> I am thinking of starting my second plane and looking real hard at the
> XS Europe but would like to see one in construction and possible take a
> flight in one before I make up my mind.
> Would you build it again or fly something else. My first plane is a RV
> 6A that I finished 2 years ago and still flying it.
> I am not afraid of glass work had 30 years of body shop experience But
> to many planes are not what the factory says they are, My next choice
> will be a RV-9A
>
> I am in southeastern Oregon and can fly pretty much anywhere to see and
> feel my next project.
>
> Ken S.

Ken,
I only flew the Europa once and am a low time pilot so my opinion might not
be as valuable as most. But I think if youre looking for economy and a fun
airplane. Nothing compares to the Europa. I am just about finished with my
airframe. I jump started it at Flight-Crafters in Florida then towed it back
here to Nashville to finish it. My only complaint with Europa is the manual
is in need of up grading and short on drawings. There are simply better ways
and better times of doing things than described. This forum is great and
being able to e-mail the factory is good, but I really am glad to be able to
check in with Bob at flight crafters. As far as the planes performance for
the dollar, and view from the cockpit, nothing compares! I would strongly
recomend this airplane to anyone. Oh and did I say it looks great!
Youre welcome to visit if you want to fly to MQY Smyrna Tennessee. We are
just outside of Nashville.

Jeff Roberts
Tri Gear A258