RE: Europa-List: pin holes

Subject: RE: Europa-List: pin holes
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:14:21

Since you are already using the Polyfiber's SuperFil and Smooth Prime
products you must know about their Pre-Prime Sealer ("the pinhole killer").
Polyfiber's literature makes it clear that the Primer alone will not fill
pinholes and accordingly recommends three rolled-on coats of Sealer (two
coats in quick succession followed by a final coat after the first two fully
cure).  My project now has only the first two coats, so I can't tell you
that it really kills pinholes, but I have no reason to doubt the claims.
One other advantage to this product is that it has a glossy finish making it
much easier to see imperfections that I missed when I sanded.  Fortunately
SuperFil can be applied directly over the Sealer.

I have developed an allergic reaction to the Aeropoxy stuff, and now have
discovered that the Pre-Prime Sealer likewise causes a reaction so I use a
respirator with a cartridge that absorbs organics as well as filtering dust.
That helps a lot.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070