Europa-List: Cooling duct ambiguity

Subject: Europa-List: Cooling duct ambiguity
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:17:10

In the process of installing the cooling duct for the 914.  .   .   Pretty
much straight forward until the instructions are read:  "The assembled duct
is fitted to the footwell using three bolts each side".  Two sentences
later. "A single AN3-5A bolt screws the side of the duct onto the inside
face of the footwell using MS21047-3 anchor nut etc  . . . "  Page 4-2 of
firewall forward manual.  So what is it 1?  3?  or 1 + 3?  = 4?.  I would
normally go with  the conservative and put 3 in .  Is there something I'm
missing with  the call out of the single bolt?
Thanks.

Steve
A143
Mesa, AZ