RE: Europa-List: Additional thoughts on wing root fairings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Additional thoughts on wing root fairings
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:29:02

I'm not convinced either.

I've believed for some time that the aircraft is near to its practical
performance limits, taking into account engine power, fuselage and wing
design and weight. Theoretical claims are easy to make, but more
difficult to substantiate. I'm impressed if the figure is truly 130kts
TAS at 18 litres/hr (low altitude), and would have considered around
120kts+ on a 912 to be approximately right at just over 5000RPM at
18l/hr. Do you have a VP prop or a different engine ?