RE: Europa-List: Additional thoughts on wing root fairings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Additional thoughts on wing root fairings
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:16:09

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Parkin

--> <Mikenjulie.Parkin@btopenworld.com>

Fred,

I am not convinced that the performance could be significantly improved
with a change of wing fillet.

Having just returned from the EAS Fly-in in Switzerland, travelling
along at 130 knots IAS on 18 lts/hr and leaving most spamcans behind in
the French dust I am not sure the effort would be worth the final
result.

The phrase,  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" springs to mind.

regards,

Mike